News

Christian Horner hit by new claims of sexual misconduct as fresh allegations emerge that female Red Bull employee ‘was sent sexual messages – and that Geri Halliwell’s husband offered her £650k hush money’


  • Christian Horner has been accused of ‘inappropriate behaviour’ by a colleague 
  • The Red Bull chief, 50, has strenuously denied the allegations made against him
  • A new bombshell report in the Netherlands has added new light to the claims 

An explosive new report today claims Christian Horner offered to pay off a Red Bull employee who is alleged to be accusing him of sexual misconduct in the form of sexual messages.

Geri Halliwell’s husband Horner – CEO and Team Principal of Red Bull’s Formula One team – is the subject of an internal investigation into an accusation of ‘inappropriate behaviour’ against him made by a female employee, with the 50-year-old fighting to save his job.

He has not yet responded to the new claims but has previously denied all allegations and last week made his case to a KC, who is tasked as the internal investigator by the team who are the reigning world champions. 

But in a new bombshell report from Dutch outlet De Telegraaf, the ‘inappropriate behaviour’ accusations relating to Horner are reported to include allegedly engaging in ‘sexual misconduct’, according to the employee.

The report claims the Red Bull chief – who is married to former Spice Girl Geri – sent ‘sexually suggestive messages’ to the employee, with evidence in the form of WhatsApp messages. De Telegraaf say they have seen the messages.

Christian Horner reportedly offered to pay off an employee who is accusing him of sexual misconduct

Christian Horner reportedly offered to pay off an employee who is accusing him of sexual misconduct

Horner - who is married to former Spice Girl Geri Halliwell - is fighting to save his career after allegations of 'inappropriate behaviour' were made against him by a colleague

Horner – who is married to former Spice Girl Geri Halliwell – is fighting to save his career after allegations of ‘inappropriate behaviour’ were made against him by a colleague

De Telegraaf claims that Horner sent 'sexually suggestive messages' to the employee

De Telegraaf claims that Horner sent ‘sexually suggestive messages’ to the employee

This goes far beyond the reported initial allegations, which suggested that it was to do with Horner’s ‘controlling behaviour’. 

Other teams and individuals in the F1 world are believed to know about these claims, with the KC who is overseeing the investigation also informed of the messages in question.

De Telegraaf claims that when Horner was informed about their intention to publish the allegations, Horner’s lawyers offered £650,000 to the female employee in attempted hush money.

Red Bull chiefs are said to be aware of the nature of the allegations against Horner, although he currently retains the support of Red Bull majority shareholder Chalerm Yoovidhya.

However, the report also states that many insiders, potentially including Horner, realise that those at Red Bull’s HQ – who say the case is being taken ‘extremely seriously’ – would be open to his departure.

Liberty Media, owner of F1, and Red Bull’s major American sponsors are also reportedly keeping a close eye on the issue and how it is handled.

Mail Sport has attempted to reach Horner’s representatives for comment. De Telegraph report Horner ‘did not want to respond to questions’ about the latest allegations.

When questioned on the previously existing allegations on Thursday at the launch of Red Bull’s new car for the 2024 season, the 50-year-old claimed he had not considered stepping away from his role and insisted he would still be in post at the season-opening Bahrain Grand Prix on March 2.

‘No. It’s business as usual,’ he told Sky Sports News. ‘Obviously, I fully deny any accusations that have been made against me but of course I’ll work with that process, which I hope is concluded in the near future.

‘I can’t comment on what that process consists (of). I’m confident obviously in the process and working with the process and deny absolutely any allegations being made. 

‘I just continue to work within that process until it’s concluded.’

Horner also rubbished reports of tension with three-time world champion Verstappen over the allegations.

Speaking at the launch of Red Bull's car for the new season, Horner said he was going nowhere

Speaking at the launch of Red Bull’s car for the new season, Horner said he was going nowhere

Under Horner's leadership, Red Bull's Max Verstappen has won three successive world titles

Under Horner’s leadership, Red Bull’s Max Verstappen has won three successive world titles 

‘No not at all (there is no friction),’ added Red Bull’s Team Principal and CEO. ‘I was with Jos and Max at Silverstone a couple of days ago.

‘Max is very focused on his job. He’s been very supportive and I’m looking forward to the season ahead with him.

‘There’s always going to be speculation but we’re together as one team, that’s the way we’ve always been and that’s the way we continue to be.

‘The support from the shareholders has been phenomenal and without that support we wouldn’t be here. So no, that’s not correct.’





Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button