News

Madeleine McCann suspect mocks police in sickening rant from behind bars ahead of sex trial as his lawyer vows to clear him of the appalling charges


Madeleine McCann suspect and convicted rapist Christian Brueckner has shamelessly told MailOnline his upcoming sex crimes trial is ‘ridiculous’.

In his first comments on the case – which sees him accused of three rapes and two indecent assaults – he added in a mocking tone:’ I hope (they) will find some answers to (their) questions soon.’

Brueckner, 47, was sensationally named in June 2020 by German police as the man responsible for Madeleine’s abduction and murder while on holiday with her parents Kate and Gerry McCann.

The then three year old from Rothley, Leicestershire, was snatched from a holiday apartment in Praia da Luz on Portugal’s Algarve coast in May 2007 and since then has not been seen or heard of since.

Brueckner – who was living in the area at the time – has previously denied to MailOnline any involvement in her abduction and killing and the case which starts on Friday in Brunswick, Germany, is unrelated.

Madeleine McCann suspect and convicted rapist Christian Brueckner has shamelessly told MailOnline his upcoming sex crimes trial is 'ridiculous'

Madeleine McCann suspect and convicted rapist Christian Brueckner has shamelessly told MailOnline his upcoming sex crimes trial is ‘ridiculous’

Brueckner, 47, was sensationally named in June 2020 by German police as the man responsible for Madeleine's abduction and murder while on holiday with her parents Kate and Gerry McCann

Brueckner, 47, was sensationally named in June 2020 by German police as the man responsible for Madeleine’s abduction and murder while on holiday with her parents Kate and Gerry McCann

The charges relate to five women aged between 10 and 80 years old and took place over a 17 year period from 2000 to 2017.

Officials hope that by securing a conviction on the charges he will crack and reveal what happened to Madeleine and if he is found guilty he could spend the rest of his life in jail but sources close to him say he will remain silent and offer no testimony.

He is insisting DNA and electronic evidence against him is wrong and witnesses are lying about him.

Prosecutors also face a dilemma as two of the rape victims are unidentified but the third victim is known – Irish tour guide Hazel Behan who says she was attacked in 2004 while working in the Algarve.

She says she was threatened with a knife, tied up and subjected to a hours long attack by a man who she later recognised as Brueckner after his picture was released by German police in 2020.

At the time she was a 20-year-old rep and the now married mother of three will be among several key witnesses who will give evidence at the trial which is due to last until June.

The other two rapes involve an unidentified woman aged between 70 and 80 years old and an unknown girl of around 14.

The fourth charge is an indecent assault against a 10 year old girl on a beach close to where Madeleine vanished from a month later and the last is also indecent assault against another child in the Algarve in a playground in 2017.

MailOnline can also exclusively reveal that Bruecker has been moved from Oldenburg prison in northern Germany to Schnedebruch near Hannover for the duration of the trial.

Brueckner is currently serving a seven year sentence for raping an elderly US woman on the Algarve in 2005 and was jailed in 2019 after evidence from two former pals who will also testify at his new trial.

Prosecutors also face a dilemma as two of the rape victims are unidentified but the third victim is known - Irish tour guide Hazel Behan who says she was attacked in 2004 while working in the Algarve

Prosecutors also face a dilemma as two of the rape victims are unidentified but the third victim is known – Irish tour guide Hazel Behan who says she was attacked in 2004 while working in the Algarve

He was also moved after complaining of ill treatment from guards at Oldenburg where he was in a secure isolated unit.

Bruecker told MailOnline:’ My situation didn’t change at all. I just moved prison. I’m still totally isolated. Since (sic) more than two years now.

‘I’m still not allowed to talk with anybody else then to my lawyer sand to my punishers (guards).’

Speaking exclusively to MailOnline Brueckner’s lawyer Friedrich Fulscher said he was ‘aiming for a full acquittal’ on all of the charges.

He said:’ The hope is for fair trial but my client has been attacked in the media. He will not speak to the hearing other than to say his name but nothing should be drawn from that.

‘What needs to be made clear is that these charges have nothing to do with Madeleine McCann and that now, almost four years since he was named, as the suspect there has been no update from the prosecutors.

‘He has not been charged with anything in relation to the McCann investigation and I haven’t even been given access to the files in that case and I have no idea what the evidence is against him.

‘It is only the public prosecutor’s office that believes they have the right person.’

As part of his defence team, Mr Fulscher has enlisted three other exports including Philipp Marquort, who is an expert in IT forensics and will be used to help Brueckner with mobile and computer data.

Others in his team include Atilla Aykac, who is an expert in cross examination, and who recently filed for a case to be thrown out after revealing a judge in a trial was having an affair.

Mr Fulscher warned:’ Some of the prosecution witnesses will have to be prepared for some unpleasant questions.’

The final member of the team is law professor Dennis Bock, who Mr Fulscher described as ‘simply legally brilliant.’

Among the witnesses will be former pals of Brueckner and ex girlfriends and Hazel’s ex boyfriend is also due to give evidence.



Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button